Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Blog 4: Listening & Note Taking

1. What was the result of your quiz (what level listener are you)?
- 80, "You listen well"

2. Do you agree with the result? Why/not?
- I disagree. My was always able to pay attention to many things at once. Proof is that I played goalie in soccer all through high school. So as a goalie I had to watch the player with the ball as well as look for possible open plays and men then give commands to my defense so that they can cover while still keeping my attention to the ball holder. Even though this is not listening, I think it still applies.

3. After some tips about listening/note taking, what are 5 things you can do to improve your in class listening skills?
- I always look, ask questions, emotions under control, and don't interrupt. However, I must admit that I do assume sometimes which is something that I have to work on. Also I don't like the Cornell Note Taking System however I don't think it matters right now because, I have to learn it for class.

4. What will be the approximate cost of 1 HPU lecture hour (50 minutes) for you this Fall?
- (18,400/15)/18 is approximately 64 dollars per lecture hour.

5. Now consider the day/s of the week you have the most classes (ex: 3 or 4 a day). How much $ are you paying that day for all classes combined.
- 64*4=272

6.What about for the whole week now? How much do you spend for a week's worth of classes?
- $1154

7. Write a paragraph, about your reflections on knowing the cost of classes. What does this mean to you?
- This means absolutely nothing! Nothing at all. The fact is that the money is not an important issue. The issue is that you need a college degree to have a better chance to be successful so either way you got to put in the work!

Links:
- http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/resolution-not-conflict/201111/the-art-listening-how-open-are-your-ears
- http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/psychology-masala/201201/beyond-brainstorming

No comments:

Post a Comment